Picture

Picture

Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Loving the Little Years

Loving the Little Years: Motherhood in the TrenchesAs with most books I read, I hear a lot about the book before I actually pick it up. I was curious about the hype thinking it was going to be another book about life with children by someone as a memoir of their child-rearing years or a collection of of how to raise your kid "right". I was pleasantly surprised that it was neither. It is written by Rachel Jankovic, a mother of 5 children under 5 (at the time the book was published). 5 kids under 5, gives her lots of credibility in my book. Her humor and blatant honesty are refreshing. She covers everything from our attitudes as mothers to treating our children as individuals and not as "bulk effect". I greatly appreciated her section on expectations of myself and the kids. All in all a good easy and fast read with only 102 pages. 



No comments:

Post a Comment