Picture

Picture

Friday, June 15, 2012

A Hungry Caterpillar Birthday

For Brooke's birthday party, the theme was "The Hungry Caterpillar" based off Eric Carle's book. As you can see there were caterpillars everywhere.

Instead of a traditional birthday cake, I made red velvet cake pops instead. I used a recipe similar to this one.

For the fruit, I used red and green apple slices and formed a caterpillar shape. I also made caterpillar kebobs with green seedless grapes.
The table centerpiece was a caterpillar made with red and green Chinese paper lanterns with pipe cleaner antennas and brown paper eyes. I used clear fishing line to hang the lanterns from the dining room chandelier.
Her party menu is below

Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Salad with Homemade Caesar Dressing & Garlic Croutons
Roasted Red & Yukon Gold Potatoes
Caterpillar Apple Slices
Grape Caterpillars

Iced Tea, Lemonade, & Water

Hungry Caterpillar Cake Pops


No comments:

Post a Comment