Picture

Picture

Friday, September 21, 2012

Grilled Cheese Croutons

Something I have seen in several magazines and online is Grilled Cheese Croutons. This idea needed no convincing for me to try. Grilled cheese and tomato soup is a staple in our house in the fall and winter months. Since the weather is getting a chill in the air, this seemed like a perfect time to try this. One of the recipes I looked at (yes, there are recipes for this kinda thing) said to use Gruyere cheese. Well, I don't keep that in my fridge and I wasn't making a special trip to the store. I just used what I had on hand, American cheese and homemade white whole wheat bread. It was delicious in my Tomato Cheese Soup. Yum!

2 comments:

  1. Megan where is the recipe? GeeGee

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just made the croutons like I would a grilled cheese. But here are a few of the recipes that I have seen lately...

    http://paninihappy.com/grilled-tomato-soup-with-grilled-cheese-croutons-win-a-breville-panini-press/

    or

    http://www.closetcooking.com/2011/11/grilled-cheese-croutons.html

    ReplyDelete