Picture

Picture

Monday, February 4, 2013

How to reuse a candle container

Chris was given this candle as a Christmas gift a few years ago. I loved the cinnamon smell when it burned, and I loved the container.
Once the candle had finished burning, I let it cool. Then, I put it in the freezer for a few hours. This allowed the remaining wax to separate from the glass and thus make it easier to clean. After it came out of the freezer, I used a knife to pop the wax out of the container and then let the container come to room temperature. Then I filled it with hot water and let it soak for a few minutes. This allowed any remaining wax to melt off the bottom and sides. Then I dumped the water and wiped it clean with a paper towel. Voila!
A clean container that I can enjoy with a tea light in it.

No comments:

Post a Comment