Picture

Picture

Friday, October 12, 2012

Papa's Office

This post has been hard for me to write. I have written and rewritten this post several times and I'm at the point where I just need to hit publish. I should have brought my camera that day, so please excuse the phone pics.

Here is Derek and Robert, my Dad's co-worker, in a bucket loader. We visited the shop and Derek was in truck heaven. He wanted see and touch and climb all the equipment that was in the shop that day.




Brooke was fascinated with the extra computer in Dad's office. She loved pretending to type on the keyboard.


Here is the logo that Dad helped design. Every time we pass one of these trucks on the road Derek yells out "that's papa's truck!"

Dad and Robert designed these tape dispensers and had them fabricated at the shop next door. If I remember correctly, they were used similarly to how you would tape off a room to avoid paint getting on your trim or ceiling. They connected on the back of the truck and allowed the driver to "contain" whatever product they were spreading.



There were the trucks that sat on Dad's filing cabinet. His collection had grown since the last time I had seen it. Most of these sit in a box for when Derek is older but the Hess trucks are popular toys by both kids. What kid would like trucks that light up, make loud noises, and go fast!



2 comments:

  1. From Kristin: What a great post!As your reading audience, I appreciate posts like these much more than posts about the pros/cons of vacuums.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have so many great memories of him. Praise the Lord :)

    ReplyDelete