Picture

Picture

Friday, January 11, 2013

Gingerbread Houses

I saw this Gingerbread House kit while Christmas shopping. It was pre-assembled, contained all the icing and candy, and was on sale. I had this "oh! such a wonderful family moment" that ran through my head so on impulse, I bought it. I'm not an impulse buyer so when I brought it home Derek was sooo excited to help.
We made the icing and started putting the candy on when we realized that Brooke was not interested in helping but eating the ridiculously hard candy. The last thing I wanted was for her to choke on it so she and Chris danced to Christmas music and played with her dollhouse instead.
Derek did really well though most of it. He didn't like using the icing bag so he directed where the "glue" needed to go and then he would put the candy on the "glue" spots.
At the end, he just told me where to put the candy. Ha! I kept trying to finish up and he would tell me "Mom, you missed that spot" or "Mom, you forgot the back". Such a strict little supervisor!
I think it turned out quite nicely. We may even do it again next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment