Picture

Picture

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Links I Love: 2.13.14

In the midst of Snowpocalypse 2014, I have been doing some additional reading, some books but mostly articles from the web. The links to the articles below have been especially thought provoking.

Isn't is pretty?

I saw this article today and it was extremely thought provoking. One thing I was taught was to look at the WHOLE picture before making a decision. I can remember my dad playing "devil's advocate" to various research papers I wrote or to "theories" I was testing out. I truly believed it helped me see both sides of an issue and thus creating a more balanced approach to life. The vaccine issue is a HOT topic and I have really good friends on both sides of the issue. 

It is so refreshing to see those that haven't medaled to be gracious and loving in their responses. I have seen this genuineness displayed several other sports during the Olympics. I am grateful that my kids can see that it takes work and dedication to get to the Olympics but also humility and grace when you didn't place where you wanted to. 

I have seen this rude and ungrateful attitude played out so many times recently and this sums up my feelings on the subject nicely. I have found that hospitality to this type of people is especially difficult and frustrating. As a disclaimer, those with actual diagnosed food allergies fall into a different category entirely. I have read several books on food allergies lately and I have found that I have gained a HUGE level of respect to my friends who have kids with allergies and I WANT to show hospitality by learning to cook for them.

I have also been addicted to the Waterlogue app on my phone since we have been snowed in. See why? Pictures from our trip coming soon. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment